Where Talent and Opportunity Meet
Home to the first of its kind, Ball State University launches the Indiana Connection Lounge inside its Career Center in Lucina Hall. Unique to Ball State, the innovative lounge is an intimate space where the University hosts alumni, employers and students, helping facilitate one-on-one and small-group introductions. It’s a more intentional and strategic approach to career development and building social capital, all against a backdrop of comfortable furniture, a coffee bar with refreshments, and the latest technology.
The lounge serves as a home-away-from-home for employers spending the day on campus, creating lasting impressions on our diverse undergraduate and graduate student body, reflecting the University’s dedication to nurturing fulfilling careers and enabling meaningful lives.
- Connect with employers as you are. This is a relaxed environment for you to meet recruiters as your authentic self.
- Integrate your skills. Put those core competencies you have learned in class to use in the real world.
- Feel empowered. Don’t leave important connections up to chance. Grab the opportunity to establish connections yourself at the Indiana Connection Lounge.
- Dock and create your unique experience. Reserve the lounge for open hour employer visits to meet with interested students
- Attract and recruit premium talent. Expand the reach of your brand and coverage of your talent pipeline
- Stay on top of trends and highlights. Obtain key insights on recruitment and retention of undergraduate and graduate student talent
Torey Dunn '21
“I realized that there wasn’t anything stopping me from getting into my chosen career sooner. I just had to get out there and take advantage of the resources and opportunities I gained through Ball State. When you start to build these connections, it opens up opportunities for yourself, and it also starts to open up opportunities for people you know. We can all build off one another.”