AIFS/ISEP/KIIS Program Participants
For students participating on AIFS and KIIS programs, your provider’s insurance should serve as your primary policy for medical insurance. AIG can serve as a secondary insurance provider in the event of emergency or mishap. Please consult with your program provider about insurance coverage and claims processing.
All Other Ball State Faculty Program Participants
Ball State University has provided you with AIG Worldwide student accident and sickness insurance. There is no need for you to pre-register travel, coverage is automatic. Download your AIG Travel insurance ID card and keep it with you at all times for the duration of your program. Your ID card contains your insurance Group name and Policy Number as well as contact phone numbers that will be required in the event you need medical/mental health assistance. Your coverage includes, but is not limited to, the insurable events below:
- $250,000 per Medical/Mental Health Injury or Illness
- Maximum Out-of-Pocket Expense (what you pay for medical services): $0
- Doctor’s visits: 100% of Reasonable Expenses
- Hospitalization (including Inpatient, Outpatient and Emergency): 100% of Reasonable Expenses
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment: $50,000
- Repatriation of Remains: $500,000
- Medical Evacuation: $1,000,000
- Security Evacuations: $100,000
- Bereavement and Trauma Counseling: $150 per session up to 10 sessions
- Bedside Visit (immediate family travels if insured is confined in a hospital):
- Airfare: coach fare, reasonable expenses
- Lodging: $100 per day for up to 7 days
- Meals: 50 per day for up to 7 days
- Pre-Existing Condition Limitation: Pre-Existing Conditions are covered
- Dental: Repair or replacement of sound natural teeth damaged or lost as a result of injury or sickness not to exceed $250 per tooth per accident.
The above provides a brief summary of coverage and does not include full policy details. To download more information on coverages and limits, please click here.
Using Your Insurance
In a non-emergency event for which medical/mental health assistance is needed, you should call AIG at the number below to facilitate assistance prior to visiting a doctor. AIG can determine appropriate medical/mental health facilities, schedule appointments and make payment arrangements.
In an emergency situation, seek immediate assistance at the nearest medical/mental health facility and follow up with AIG at the number below once treatment is secured.
- Inside the US, call 1.877.832.3523
- Outside the US, call +1.715.295.9817 (collect)
Additional Tools from AIG
As a component of AIG’s services, you can also download the AIG Travel Assistance phone app and register on the AIG Travel Assistance Website for convenient access to AIG’s Travel Assistance Service and 24-hour, expert medical, security and travel assistance through one of the world’s most trusted assistance providers. The website and app can provide:
- A member-only website with comprehensive information on over 170 countries and special content to help you travel safe and travel smart.
- 24/7 access to one of our multi-lingual assistance coordinators
- Email alerts with up-to-the-minute information on your selected destinations
- Pre-travel services including vaccination, country reports, etc.
- 24/7 worldwide medical and security assistance including travel advice before and during your trip
Click here for additional information and to link to AIG’s Travel Assistance website.