UNIVERSITY MEDIA SERVICES EQUIPMENT CHECKOUT POLICY
Ball Communication Building Room 153
Phone: (765) 285-5373 Email: email@example.com
Equipment use is restricted to University Related Projects ONLY
University Equipment is NOT to be Used for Personal Endeavors
Monday: 8:15am – 6:00pm
Tuesday: 8:15am – 6:00pm
Wednesday: 8:15am – 6:00pm
Thursday: 8:15am – 6:00pm
Friday: 8:15am – 5:00pm
Patrons who are granted access to the UMS Equipment Checkout must follow the policies listed below.
· Patrons are liable for all damaged, lost, or stolen equipment they have checked out.
· Do Not Leave Equipment Unattended at Any Time.
· Future checkout privileges will be placed on Hold until financial restitution has been made for any damaged, lost, or stolen equipment.
· Patrons Will Not be held responsible for Normal Wear or Aging of Equipment.
· Student Insurance can be obtained Here.
WHO CAN CHECK OUT EQUIPMENT:
· Ball State Faculty, Professional Staff, and Staff.
· Ball State Students who meet the following requirements:
o Students that are Currently Registered in classes and have an Active status in Banner.
o Student groups that have a Faculty Advisor and Department Chair Approval.
HOW LONG CAN YOU KEEP THE EQUIPMENT:
· All equipment checkouts are for 1 Business Day.
· Friday Checkouts are due back on Monday.
· Renewals can be requested starting 4 Hours before the scheduled return time and up to 30 Minutes before they are due.
· Renewals are Not Guaranteed.
· If a renewal is unavailable, patrons are expected to return their equipment at the Originally Scheduled Time.
· A maximum of 2 Renewals per-checkout are available.
· You must have your Ball State ID card with you to reserve equipment.
· The UMS Webcheckout Patron Portal can be used to make reservations online.
· Reservations can be made up to 7 days in advance.
· Reserving equipment for others IS NOT PERMITTED.
· Call the UMS Equipment Office at (765) 285-5373 if you need to make changes to your reservation.
· The earliest available pickup time is 8:30am.
· The latest available pickup time is 5:45pm (M/T/W/Th) or 4:45pm (Friday).
· You must have your Ball State ID card with you in order to pick up your equipment.
· Picking up equipment for others IS NOT PERMITTED.
· Pickups have a 1-hour Grace Period. After the hour is up, equipment will be released back into circulation.
· Call (765) 285-5373 if you need to make changes to your reservation.
· The earliest available return time is 8:15am.
· The latest available return time is 5:45pm (M/T/W/Th) or 4:45pm (Friday).
· All files must be pulled off media cards prior to return.
· All Items must be present for the return to be marked Completed.
· Please notify staff of any issues with equipment upon return.
Late Return Policy:
· Patrons returning equipment 60 Minutes Late will have their Checkout Privileges placed on a 2-Week Hold.
· To Avoid this Penalty, make sure to Return Your Equipment on Time.
· If you are unable to return your checkout at the Scheduled Time, please call (765) 285-5373 More Than 30 Minutes Prior to Your Return Time to inquire IF an extension is possible.