The Office of Inclusive Excellence is proud to announce the launch of the Inclusive Excellence Champions program.
Participants will develop their skills to:
- support their department/unit/school/campus with the development and implementation of their inclusive excellence plans
- develop their search advocate awareness
- serve as a bridge between their areas and the employee affinity groups
- engage in community and learning with other DEIJB advocates
This program is open to all faculty, staff, and graduate students at Ball State University.
Trainings will primarily be conducted in-person, with some being offered via Zoom. Faculty and staff can sign up for the trainings via Human Resources Learning and Development sessions:
These trainings will be offered at regular intervals throughout the academic year, and there is no order requirement. Trainings can be attended within one academic year to be accepted.
Trainings that were completed during the 2021-22 academic year can be counted towards the 2022-23 cohort.
Inclusive Excellence Champion certification will remain active for 3 years. During which time Champions will need to attend at least one inclusive excellence centered professional development training, annually. Additionally, at the end of the three years Champions wishing to maintain their status will be required to take a refresher course.
Required Core Trainings Include:
- Inclusive Excellence overview, Inclusive Excellence Strategic Plan and Toolkit
- Understanding Implicit Bias and Microaggressions: Everyday strategies for success.
- Being the Best Allies and Advocates we can be
- How to become an ally or advocate for people from underrepresented populations
Additional development opportunities (please note that participants will complete 4 of the following trainings):
- Pronoun 101 and Pronoun Level 2 (both trainings required)
- COMMIT to Building Your Personal Plan for Inclusion
- Inclusive Boards and Councils
- LGBTQ+ Terminology
- Everything Queer
- Calling In vs Calling Out: Navigating Cancel Culture
- Exploring your Diversity Story
- Inclusive Meetings Strategies for Success
- Search Advocate
- Inclusive Pedagogy (single session)
When completed, participants will receive the title of "Inclusive Excellence Champion" along with a marketing approved emblem to place in your email signature. IE Champions will also have their names listed on the Inclusive Excellence’s website, and their notice of successful completion forwarded to their corresponding departments or units (if they so choose). Participants will also be able to continue to be part of the Community of Practice and Canvas community.
Become an IE Champion
To register for the Inclusive Excellence Champions please use the following button: