News Coverage of Maplewood Programs
Maplewood Mansion Learning Lab creates a unique environment for collaboration among departments, universities, and community partners. Learn more about the opportunities and partnerships within Maplewood by browsing our recent news coverage.
"Muncie's Medicine Mansion"
Indiana University School of Medicine
Our Ball State faculty use the Maplewood Mansion Learning Lab and its community partnerships as the ideal testing ground for innovative projects and research.
- "Quality of place: Supporting community renewal and stabilization one place at a time" (PDF). Presented at the International Town & Gown Association (ITGA) 2018 City & University Relations Conference, May 29-June 1, 2018, in Columbus, Ohio.
- "Evolution of Immersive Learning: From the Home Economics Home Management House to the Maplewood Mansion Learning Lab" (PDF Poster | PDF Handout). Presented at the American Association of Family & Consumer Sciences (AAFCS) 109th Annual Conference & Expo, July 24-27, 2018, in Atlanta, Georgia.
- "Maplewood Mansion Learning Lab: Mutually Beneficial Opportunities Through Community Partnerships" (PDF Abstract | PDF Presentation). Presented at the Housing Education and Research Association (HERA) 2018 Annual Housing Education and Research Conference, Oct. 7-10, 2018, in Savannah, Georgia.
- "Maplewood Mansion Learning Lab: A Partnership Advancing Immersive Learning, Community Engagement and Economic Development" (PDF Article) Presented at the Central CHRIE Conference, Central CHRIE, Indianapolis, IN. (March 22, 2019) and is classified as Teaching and Learning Scholarship (TLS).
- Moving Forward: Optimus Primary (Vimeo video)
- M.D. students stay rent-free during rotations in Muncie, Indiana - (Youtube video)