The University Libraries and the Office of Information Technology updated to a new printing solution for Ball State students in August 2016. The Student Print Smart service will be available at 20 locations in Bracken Library and computer spaces in the Robert Bell Building and the Student Center. The new service will be in place when students return for Fall Semester. Student Print Smart, using the Pharos UniPrint print management system, will replace the printing services currently offered by the University Libraries.
Print Smart will offer several new features that have been requested by students:
- Secure print release stations: students can view and release only their own print jobs
- Print jobs sent from library workstations can be released at any of the 14 Print Smart release locations in Bracken Library, the Science-Health Science Library (CN16), and the Architecture Library
- Student print allowances will be 600 impressions per academic session
- After reaching the print allowance for the academic session, students can use Cardinal Cash for additional printing
- Using the new Mobile Print feature will allow students to print from personal devices to any of 20 print release locations on campus.
The University Libraries will maintain 14 print release stations, and UTS will offer an additional 6 across campus, offering convenient places to release print jobs.
Visitors to Bracken Library who acquire a computer guest account will have 20 print impressions.
The new Student Print Smart system will manage black and white printing. The University Libraries will continue to offer color printing using the existing color printing solution.
For more information, consult the University Libraries Printing FAQ web page, or search the Technology Helpdesk Knowledge Base for student printing.
Share this post