Building off the already nationally recognized Excellence in Leadership program, the Office of Student Life, in partnership with the Department of Educational Leadership, has created an 18-credit Minor in Leadership Studies.
The following two courses are required for all Leadership Studies Minors:
- EDHI 302 – Foundations of Leadership (3 credits, annual Fall offering)
- EDHI 402 – Global Leadership (3 credits, annual Spring offering)
- EDHI 102 – Intro to Students as Leaders: Excellence in Leadership (1-2 credits)
- EDHI 200 – Introduction to Personnel Services in Residence Halls (1 credit)
- EDHI 202 – Students as Group Leaders: Excellence in Leadership (1-2 credits)
- EDHI 401 – Specific Topics In Leadership: Greek Emerging Leaders, Ireland or London Study Abroad, Greek Presidents, Multicultural Leadership, Civically Engaged Leadership (variable credits)
- COMM 240 – Introduction to Human Communications (3 credits)
- COMM 330 – Small Group Decision Making (3 credits)
- COMM 340 – Communication Leadership (3 credits)
- POLS 130- American National Government (3 credits)
- POLS 411 – American Political Thought (3 credits)
- POLS 474 – Women and Politics (3 credits)
- SOC 242 -Social Problems (3 credits)
- SOC 320- Social Inequality (3 credits)
- SOC 441- Social Change (3 credits)
- PHIL 102 – Introduction to Techniques of Critical Reasoning (3 credits)
- PHIL 202 – Ethics (3 credits)
- EDMU 206- Advanced Study of Ethnic and Multicultural Group Behavior (3 credits)
- EDMU 302- Self and Social Construction of ID (3 credits)
- EDMU 370- Repres & Multicul: Thry & Prac (3 credits)
- EDMU 400- Tom Sem in Multicul Stds (3 credits)
- MIL 101- Introduction to Military Science (1 hour)
- MIL 102- Introduction to Leadership (1 credits)
Enroll in this Minor
- Meet with your academic advisor to discuss your graduation plan and discuss if the 15 credit minor will work for you to be able to graduate on time.
- Connect with the Office of Student Life, the department that advises the minor. You can do this by clicking the button below.
- You will work with the Office of Student Life to develop a course plan that allows you to complete the minor and graduate on time.
- The Office of Student Life staff will submit written approval to your academic advisor to officially add the minor.
Connect with the office of student life