Your adventure will begin with a meet and greet at the Outdoor Pursuits climbing wall. You will enjoy rock climbing, group activities, and a pizza party. You will also have the opportunity to stay in a Ball State residence hall to get the full college experience. The following morning, you will head to Bryson City, North Carolina and spend three nights camping in the Smoky Mountains, preparing meals around a campfire, and exploring the natural wonders of the area. We will get to take a guided rafting trip down the Nantahala River, one of America's most popular white water rafting runs, with professional guides, as well as take part in a high-ropes adventure and zip line course. There will be plenty of time for small hikes, games, and relaxing in the outdoors. No experience is necessary for any of the activities.
Program Dates have not yet been determined for Summer 2023.
The program fee has not yet been determined for Summer 2023 but will include travel, activities, meals on site, and camping.
It is anticipated that registration will open May 1, 2023 and a registration link will appear here.
During the academic year, Outdoor Pursuits offers many opportunities for adventure trips. Watch for emails regarding upcoming trips or visit their website to learn more. Outdoor Pursuits also offers equipment rental to Ball State students for bikes, camping equipment, canoes, kayaks, outdoor games and much more!
Itinerary for Summer 2022
- Afternoon - Check-in and trip orientation on campus
- Evening - Climbing wall social, pizza, and games at the Jo Ann Gora Student Recreation and Wellness Center, and stay overnight in residence hall
- Morning - Travel to Nantahala Outdoor Center, North Carolina, leave by 9:00am
- Afternoon - Stop for lunch, arrive, and set up campsite
- Evening - Campfire and activities
- Morning - Whitewater rafting on the Nantahala River with NOC guides
- Afternoon and Evening - Short 'Leave No Trace' lesson put on by OP Trip leaders, short hike
- Morning - Adventure Zip Line Course at NOC
- Afternoon and Evening - Hikes, games, campfire activities
- Travel back to Ball State University, arrive back on campus at 8:00pm