Our office aims to serve the entire Ball State community with services and resources to advance the values of multiculturalism, diversity, and social justice.
Services and Resources
Malcolm X Library
- Features books about different cultures and LGBT issues. The library is also one of our meeting rooms that can be reserved on campus. It includes a flat screen TV and can seat 20-25 people. The Malcolm X Library is located on the upper level of the center, the library contains books about people of African-American, Asian-American, Latino/Hispanic, and Native American descent. The space is also used as a study room and has become popular for its quiet atmosphere. It can also be used for a classroom, and meeting place for organizations.
- Equipped with three computers and printing.
Harry Watkins Conference Room
- Found on the second floor of the building, the Harry Watkins room includes tables and seating for twelve.
- Fully equipped kitchen on the first floor. It can be used for meetings or other gatherings.
Reserve a space
- Spaces can be used by recognized student organizations and university offices. To reserve a space, complete the facilities use Form.
The Multicultural Center also serves as the site of Ball State's Cardinal Kitchen food pantry. The Cardinal Kitchen is managed by Student Voluntary Services out of the Office of Student Life. The Cardinal Kitchen is open the last three Tuesdays of the month from 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. during the 2017-18 academic year.