The Multicultural Center offers programs and events which support and advance the university's commitment to cultural diversity.
We offer programs to educate the university community about the unique contributions of underrepresented student populations at Ball State University. We also address the unique needs and issues of students of color through initiatives that provide support and guidance throughout the college experience. We celebrate the achievements of faculty, staff and students in promoting diversity and multiculturalism.
Traditional programs and events hosted or sponsored by the Multicultural Center include:
- Welcome Celebration
- Minority Faculty/Staff and Student Luncheon (partnership with Office of Institutional Diversity)
- Cultural Lunch (Partnership with Rinker Center for International Programs)
- Amazing Taste Global Food Fair and I-Fest (partnership with Rinker Center for International Programs and Ball State University Dining)
- Kwanzaa Celebration
- Unity Week
- MLK Celebration and MLK Keynote Speaker
- Unity Connections Conference
- Multicultural Center Achievement Awards
- Tunnel of Oppression (partnership with Housing & Residence Life)
- Celebration of Excellence