The Lavender Door
The Lavender Door, a collaborative project provided by the Multicultural Center and Housing and Residence Life, seeks to provide all Ball State students with free and discreet access to gender affirming clothing.
How it Works
The Lavender Door is open by appointment only. Students can fill out the appointment form below and will receive a confirmation email with instructions from the Multicultural Center staff member who will accompany them for their appointment.
Our closet does not have any chest binders. You may visit Point of Pride here to get access to free chest binders.
Student appointments available Spring 2022
Schedule An Appointment
All clothing in The Lavender Door is provided through donations. We are not currently accepting donations as our closet is full. Please check back on our website in the future to see when we will be accepting donations again.
Schedule A Donation
Many of the items found in The Lavender Door are casual clothing. If you are seeking more business casual attire, Cardinal Closet, overseen by Student Action Team, can provide free and discreet, gender affirming business casual attire.
- T-shirts,dress shirts, blouses, and tops
- Sweaters, cardigans, jackets, coats and blazers
- Pants, shorts, skirts, dresses, jumpsuits, pant suits, overall and coveralls
- Brand new undergarments (bras, underwear, and binders)
- Pod style laundry detergent
Never Accepted Items
- Articles of clothing containing information from events, profanity or obscene imagery
- Articles of clothing worn (holes, tears, fray, distress, etc.) or stained
- Used undergarments/binders
- Make-up, sanitary supplies, and hair styling/accessories