October 18, 2019 3 p.m.End:
October 18, 2019 4 p.m.
Meditation in the Museum is in the Asian Art Gallery or the African Art Gallery (unless otherwise noted) at 3 p.m. most Fridays during the academic year.
Sessions are free and open to the public, and each lasts approximately 45-60 minutes. RSVPs are not necessary; simply stop by. A towel, blanket, or yoga mat is recommended.
Presented by the Ball State Meditation Partnership and featuring the Ball State University Counseling Center and Dr. George Wolfe for meditation, and Cindy Cash for laughter yoga, with the support of the David Owsley Museum of Art. Dr. Wolfe is Professor Emeritus at Ball State University, where he served as director of the Center for Peace and Conflict Studies.
Faculty and Staff participating in the LiveWell Incentive Program receive one point for attendance.
Fall 2019 Topics:
- October 18 – Guided meditation with music with the Counseling Center
- October 25 – The heart and the experience of surrender with Dr. George Wolfe
- November 1 – Channeling your creativity into mindfulness practice with the Counseling Center
- November 8 – Awakening your faculties of insight and realization with Dr. George Wolfe
- November 15 – Guided meditation for relieving stress with the Counseling Center
- November 22 – Liberation from past impressions with Dr. George Wolfe
- November 29 – No Meditation in the Museum due to Thanksgiving Break
- December 6 – Laughter yoga with Certified Laughter Yoga leader Cindy Cash in the Sculpture Court