July 11, 2019 11:15 a.m.End:
July 11, 2019 12 p.m.Location: Charles W. Brown Planetarium
Contact DetailsDepartment of Physics and Astronomy
Enjoy a free guided meditation session in the Brown Planetarium on Thursday, July 11 at 11:15 am. View an amazing sunset over the Grand Canyon and relax under the planetarium’s night sky filled with millions of stars. Your experience will be guided by Assistant Planetarium Director, Dayna Thompson, and Associate Director for Clinical Services and Psychologist, Timothy Hess.
No prior meditation experience is required! The meditation session is free and open to the public.
- Planetarium shows are free of charge. We appreciate your support to make this possible.
- No tickets or reservations are required for public planetarium shows, but plan to arrive early as seating is done on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Food, drinks, gum or candy are not permitted in the planetarium.
- Children 17 years and under should be accompanied by an adult.
- Cellphones and any electronics that emit light must be turned off at the start of all programs. Please refrain from wearing light-up shoes to any planetarium programs.
- Please do not touch any of the planetarium equipment.
- The planetarium is located on the west end of the Cooper Science Complex, at 2000 W. Riverside Ave., Muncie.
For directions and parking information, as well as general policies, please visit the Charles W. Brown Planetarium website.
This program is brought to you by Ball State’s Meditation Partnership, which is a collaboration between Working Well, Counseling Center, Office of Health, Alcohol, and Drug Education, Museum of Art, Orchid Garden, and the Planetarium working toward improving well-being on campus through meditation.