February 1, 2020 2:30 p.m.End:
February 1, 2020 3:30 p.m.Location: David Owsley Museum of ArtFollow DOMA Events on Facebook
David Owsley Museum of Art
A docent is a volunteer who can lead guided tours at the museum.
Docent’s Choice Tours are available most Saturdays during the academic year at 2:30 pm. A museum host and docent will also be available for the hour beforehand to welcome visitors and answer questions.
Meet in the Sculpture Court. The tours are free and open to the public.
Spring 2020 Topics:
- January 25 – Global Tour: Intro to the Art of the Americas, Africa, Asia, Mediterranean, and Pacific
- February 1 – New Beginnings: Art of Birth
- February 8 – You Can't Take It with You: Funerary Art
- February 15 – I Do: Rites of Love and Marriage
- February 22 – Mexican Modernity Special Exhibition (in Spanish and English)
- February 29 and March 7 – No tours due to Spring Break
- March 14 – Bejeweled and Bedecked: Art of Personal Adornment
- March 21 – Powerful Beliefs: Religious Art
- March 28 – Pushing Boundaries: Art by Women (including the special exhibitions)
- April 4 – Preserving Stories: Folklore and Fables in Art
- April 11 – Carving Across Cultures: Art from Wood and Stone
- April 18 – The Four-legged and the Fantastic: Animals in Art
- April 25 – Mexican Modernity Special Exhibition (in English)