February 15, 2019 3 p.m.End:
February 15, 2019 4 p.m.Location: David Owsley Museum of ArtFollow DOMA Events on Facebook
David Owsley Museum of Art
Integrate the dimensions of wellness to promote your quality of life, improve personal habits, and achieve balance through guided meditations.
Meet in front of the Amida Buddha in the Chinese and Japanese Gallery.
Free and open to the public. Each session lasts approximately 45 minutes to one hour. RSVP not necessary, simply stop by. A towel, blanket, or yoga mat is recommended.
Schedule for Spring 2019
- January 18: Meditation as the fourth state of consciousness with Dr. George Wolfe
- January 25: Guided meditation for relieving stress with the Counseling Center
- February 1: Heart-fulness vs. mindfulness: Meditation as a means of surrender with Dr. George Wolfe
- February 8: Coloring your stress away with the Counseling Center
- February 15: Entering the state of non-desire with Dr. George Wolfe
- February 22: Compassion: Improving your relationship with self and others with the Counseling Center
- March 1: The role of thoughts in meditation with Dr. George Wolfe
- March 8: No Meditation in the Museum due to Spring Break
- March 15: Channeling your creativity into mindfulness practice with the Counseling Center
- March 22: Awakening your faculties of insight and realization with Dr. George Wolfe
- March 29: Guided meditation with music with the Counseling Center
- April 5: Liberation from past impressions with Dr. George Wolfe
- April 12: Mindfulness for academic success with the Counseling Center
- April 19: Meditation in the Impressions of Love exhibition with Dr. George Wolfe
- April 26: Laughter yoga with Certified Laughter Yoga leader Cindy Cash
Meditation in the Museum is presented by the Ball State University Counseling Center and Dr. George Wolfe, Professor Emeritus at Ball State University, with laughter yoga with Cindy Cash, with the support of the David Owsley Museum of Art.
Faculty and Staff participating in the LiveWell Incentive Program receive one point for attendance.