February 19, 2022 8 a.m.End:
February 19, 2022 9 p.m.Location: Music Instruction BuildingPREREGISTER HERE
Chris Van Hof
Join trombone professor Chris Van Hof and guest artist Christine Purdue Jones for a day of learning and music making.
Christine Purdue Jones is a trombonist with the Ceremonial Brass, The United States Air Force Band, Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling, Washington, D.C. In addition to her trombone performance duties, Sergeant Jones serves as an Auxiliary Drum Major and NCOIC of Unit Social Media. Sergeant Jones holds degrees from Stetson University, The Juilliard School, and the University of Miami. Her primary teachers include Joe Alessi, Tim Conner, and David Schmidt, and additional studies with Jeff Dee and Pete Ellefson. During her doctoral studies, Sgt. Jones also studied conducting with Gary Green. Prior to joining the Air Force, Jones was Second/Assistant Principal Trombone with Florida Grand Opera and the Palm Beach Symphony. She has also performed with the Jacksonville Symphony Orchestra, Orlando Philharmonic Orchestra, New World Symphony and the Palm Beach Opera, among others.
Learn more about all of the School of Music's Feature Days.
- 8:00 a.m. Registration (Sursa Hall's Mueller lobby)
- 8:30 a.m. Group Warm-up with Chris Van Hof
- 9:15 a.m. Mass Ensemble reading session
- 9:45 a.m. Morning Break
- 10:00 a.m. Ball State Student/Faculty Showcase Recital
- 11:00 a.m. Pre-College Master Class with Chris Van Hof
- 12:00 p.m. Lunch, visit Expo Hall, Trombone Quartet Reading Zones
- 1:30 p.m. Christine Jones Master Class featuring Ball State Studio members
- 3:00 p.m. Mass Ensemble Rehearsal
- 3:30 p.m. Dr. Van Hof Clinic: “Healthy Brass Playing for Marching Band Season”
- 4:00 p.m. Afternoon Break, visit Expo Hall, Trombone Quartet Reading Zones
- 5:00 p.m. Christine Jones Solo Recital
- 6:00 p.m. Dinner
- 7:30 p.m. Final Concert featuring Cardinal Trombone Ensembles, Christine Jones, and the TD4 Mass Ensemble
Registration and Fee
A $10 fee is due at time of registration. Preregistration is encouraged but not required.
Parking is available in the McKinley Parking Garage (entrance on Ashland Avenue) located immediately south of Sursa Hall. This garage is free on weekends.
COVID-19 Safety Policies
We look forward to welcoming our patrons and guests to campus! We have a number of policies in place to ensure this can be done safely.
- Please visit Ball State’s COVID-19 Information page for current information and any updates regarding campus visitors.
- If a visitor exhibits any symptoms of COVID-19, they should NOT attend events or otherwise enter campus buildings and grounds.
- Face masks are currently required inside campus buildings at all times regardless of vaccination status. This includes School of Music events at Sursa Hall and Hahn Hall. Learn more.