October 2, 2021 10:30 a.m.End:
October 2, 2021 5 p.m.Location: Music Instruction BuildingPREREGISTER HERE
Join Ball State cello professor Peter Opie and two distinguished guests for a day of learning and music making.
Caroline Kim is a prize-winning Canadian cellist and principal of the Ann Arbor Symphony. She received her DMA from the University of Michigan and her BM/MM from the Juilliard School. Learn more on her Ann Arbor Symphony bio.
Richard Aaron is a distinguished pedagogue and is on faculty at the Juilliard School and the University of Michigan. Learn more about him on his website.
Learn more about all of the School of Music's Feature Days.
Schedule and Program
- 10:45 a.m. – Faculty concert
- 11:30 a.m. – Cello Ensemble rehearsal
- 12.15 p.m. – Lunch break
- 12.45 p.m. – Master class with Caroline Kim
- 1.45 p.m. – Presentation: Building Your Practice Routine
- 2.30 p.m. – Zoom master class with Richard Aaron
- 3.30 – Break
- 4pm – Cello Ensemble performances
DOWNLOAD THE PROGRAM (PDF)
Free Admission / Registration
This event is free and open to the public, however preregistration is requested.
Parking is available in the McKinley Parking Garage (entrance on Ashland Avenue) located immediately south of Sursa Hall. This garage is free on weekends.
COVID-19 Safety Policies
We look forward to welcoming our patrons and guests to campus! We have a number of policies in place to ensure this can be done safely.
- Please visit Ball State’s COVID-19 Information page for current information and any updates regarding campus visitors.
- If a visitor exhibits any symptoms of COVID-19, they should NOT attend events or otherwise enter campus buildings and grounds.
- Face masks are currently required inside campus buildings at all times regardless of vaccination status. This includes School of Music events at Sursa Hall and Hahn Hall. Learn more.