Enjoy a concert of standard jazz favorites and original compositions with the Jazz Lab Ensemble. The ensemble is under the direction of Mark Buselli.
Learn more about the Ball State University Jazz Ensembles.
*Please note: Jazz Ensembles 2 and 3 will perform at 6 p.m. and Jazz Lab Ensemble 1 will perform at 7:30 p.m.*
Sammy Nestico - Wind Machine
- arr. Mike Crotty - We Three Kings
- Pat Metheny (arr. Robert Curnow) - Dream of the Return
- Johnny Mercer/Harold Arlen (arr. Billy May) - That Old Black Magic
- Thad Jones - Cherry Juice
DOWNLOAD THE PROGRAM (PDF)
This concert will be offered as a livestream - visit the Concert Livestream Page to watch live. Streaming begins approximately 15 minutes prior to scheduled concert start time.
General Admission is $5. One free student ticket with ID in advance at the Emens box office, or $5 at the door. Please note separate tickets are required for the 6 p.m. (Jazz Ensembles 2 and 3) and 7:30 p.m. (Jazz Lab Ensemble 1) concerts.
Tickets for limited in-person attendance are on sale in advance through the Emens Auditorium box office Monday through Friday from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Purchase tickets by phone at 765-285-1539 (1-877-99-EMENS) or in person at 1800 W. Riverside Ave.
There is no per order charge for tickets purchased in person.
There is a $2 per order charge for tickets purchased by phone and picked up at will-call.
There is a $4 per order charge for tickets purchased by phone and mailed.
The box office at Sursa Hall will be open starting one hour prior to the concert. Tickets held at Will Call may be picked up at a table in the lobby.
**Please note: it is highly recommended that all tickets be purchased in advance as seating is limited to allow for physical distancing in accordance with Ball State COVID-19 policies and CDC guidelines. Our attendance must also not exceed the maximum number of attendees allowed by Governor Holcomb's Executive Orders on gatherings based on our current Delaware County advisory level.
Parking is available in the McKinley Parking Garage (entrance on Ashland Avenue) located immediately south of Sursa Hall. Metered parking ($1/hr) is available on the first floor of the garage until 7 p.m. at which time parking is free.
COVID-19 Safety Policies
We look forward to welcoming our patrons to campus and have a number of policies in place to ensure this can be done safely.
- Please visit Ball State’s COVID-19 Visitor Information page for current information and any updates regarding campus visitors.
- If a visitor exhibits any symptoms of COVID-19, they should NOT attend events or otherwise enter campus buildings and grounds.
- Face masks are required inside campus buildings at all times. This includes School of Music performances at Sursa Hall and Hahn Hall. Learn more.
- Please maintain a physical distance of at least 6 feet from other people at all times.
- Please follow all ushers’ directions regarding entering and exiting performances. Only select seats will be available in Sursa Hall (marked with red dots) and chairs in Hahn Hall will be appropriately distanced. We ask that you please remain seated throughout the performance to ensure that physical distancing is possible at all times.