March 21, 2021 3 p.m.End:
March 21, 2021 5:30 p.m.
School of Music
This livestream-only concert will feature the University Choral Union under the direction of Theo Hicks from from 3 to 3:30 p.m. followed by the Ball State Chamber Choir under the direction of Andrew Crow from 4 to 4:30 p.m. and 5 to 5:30 p.m
The University Choral Union is a large and lively mixed choir comprised of approximately 100 students that performs a variety of literature, from multicultural pieces to show tunes. They will perform in a physically distanced manner from throughout the performance hall.
The Ball State Chamber Choir is the university’s most prestigious concert choir, typically comprising of upper-level music majors and graduate students. The Chamber Choir has performed throughout the country and around the world, focused on the established canon of Western choral repertoire and world-premiere performances of new music.
DOWNLOAD THE PROGRAM (PDF)
University Choral Union
- Lacrymosa, from Requiem K. 626 - W.A. Mozart
- Elijah Rock - arr. Jester Hairston
- Three Madrigals - Emma Lou Diemer
- The Storm Is Passing Over - Charles Albert Tindley, arr. Barbara W. Baker
Chamber Choir (4pm)
- Alles hat seine Zeit - Franz Joseph Haydn
- Tanzen und Springen - Hans Leo Hassler
- Choose Something LIke a Star - Randall Thompson
- In Flanders Fields - Stephen Chatman
- As Torrents in Summer - Edward Elgar
- Abendlied - Josef Rheinberger
Chamber Choir (5pm)
- I Am a Fine Musician - Traditional
- Lead, Kindly Light - Dan Forrest
- Concord - Benjamin Britten
- Hymn for America - Stephen Paulus
- As Above, So Below - Stephen Hatfield
This concert will only be offered as a livestream with no in-person attendance. Please visit the Concert Livestream Page for more information. Streaming begins approximately 15 minutes prior to scheduled concert start time.