February 27, 2021 5:30 p.m.End:
February 27, 2021 6:30 p.m.
School of Music
The Faculty Artist Series allows School of Music faculty to share their talent and passion for music with the campus and community. This recital is also part of the School of Music's Diversity Series which aims to curate and share culturally diverse music, literature, and ideas as part of Ball State’s mission of inclusive excellence.
This recital celebrates Black History Month with music by Black composers performed by music professors Stephen Campbell (trumpet), Cara Chowning (piano), Kelci Kosin (soprano), Lisa Kozenko (oboe), and Stephen Price (organ).
This recital will no longer feature Aaron Paige (tenor). Thank you for your understanding.
- William Grant Still – Bayou Home
- Tania León – Prelude Nos. 1 and 2
- Julia Perry – Prelude for Piano
- Ulysses Kay – Tromba Suite for B-flat Trumpet and Piano
- H.T. Burleigh – ‘Tis me, O Lord and My Lord What a Mornin’
- Xenobia Powell Perry – Hommage (to William Levi Dawson)
- Samuel Coleridge-Taylor – Deep River, Op. 59, No. 10
- H.T. Burleigh – Five Songs of Laurence Hope
This recital will only be offered as a livestream with no in-person attendance. Please visit the Concert Livestream Page to watch live. Streaming begins approximately 15 minutes prior to scheduled concert start time.