September 23, 2020 6 p.m.End:
September 23, 2020 6:45 p.m.Location: Sursa Performance Hall
Jazz Ensembles 2 and 3 are under the direction of Freddie Mendoza and graduate assistant Aron Scott Callard.
Learn more about the Ball State University Jazz Ensembles.
**Please note: Jazz Ensembles 2 and 3 will now perform at 6 p.m. and Jazz Lab Ensemble 1 will perform at 7:30 p.m.**
Program to include charts by Doug Beach, Matt Harris, Frank Foster, Charles Mingus, and Bill Potts.
DOWNLOAD THE PROGRAM (PDF)
This concert will also be offered as a livestream - visit the Concert Livestream Page for more information. Streaming begins approximately 15 minutes prior to scheduled concert start time.
General Admission is $5. One free student ticket with ID in advance at the Emens box office, or $5 at the door.
It is highly recommended that all tickets be purchased in advance as seating is limited to allow for physical distancing in accordance with Ball State COVID-19 policies and CDC guidelines. This will also help avoid delays the night of the concert.
Tickets are on sale through the Emens Auditorium box office Monday through Friday from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Purchase tickets by phone at 765-285-1539 (1-877-99-EMENS) or in person at 1800 W. Riverside Ave.
There is no per order charge for tickets purchased in person.
There is a $2 per order charge for tickets purchased by phone and picked up at will-call.
There is a $4 per order charge for tickets purchased by phone and mailed.
The box office at Sursa Hall will be open starting one hour prior to the concert. Tickets held at Will Call may be picked up at a table in the lobby.
Parking is available in the McKinley Parking Garage (entrance on Ashland Avenue) located immediately south of Sursa Hall. Metered parking ($1/hr) is available on the first floor of the garage until 7 p.m. at which time parking is free.
COVID-19 Safety Policies
We look forward to welcoming our patrons and guests back to campus! We have a number of policies in place to ensure this can be done safely.
- Please visit Ball State’s COVID-19 Visitor Information page for current information and any updates regarding campus visitors.
- If a visitor exhibits any symptoms of COVID-19, they should NOT attend events or otherwise enter campus buildings and grounds.
- Face masks are required inside campus buildings at all times. This includes School of Music performances at Sursa Hall and Hahn Hall. Learn more.
- Please maintain a physical distance of at least 6 feet from other people at all times.
- Please follow all ushers’ directions regarding entering and exiting performances. Only select seats will be available in Sursa Hall (marked with red dots) and chairs in Hahn Hall will be appropriately distanced. We ask that you please remain seated throughout the performance to ensure that physical distancing is possible at all times.