February 18, 2020 7:30 p.m.End:
February 18, 2020 9 p.m.Location: Hahn Recital Hall
The Faculty Artist Series allows School of Music faculty to share their talent and passion for music with the campus and community. This recital is also part of Chamber Music Tuesdays, a new way to experience chamber music at Ball State featuring a wide-variety of recitals on several Tuesdays throughout the year.
The Faculty Jazz Combo
is a faculty ensemble-in-residence at Ball State University. Learn more
about the combo and its members: Mark Buselli (trumpet), Amanda Gardier (saxophone), Cassius Goens (drums), Freddie Mendoza (trombone), Scott Routenberg (piano), Joel Tucker (guitar), and Nick Tucker (bass).
Guest tenor saxophonist Sean Imboden joins the ensemble in a program of jazz octets as recorded by the Dave Pell Octet.
Music will be selected from:
- Jazz Wagner – Shorty Rogers
- Jazz Goes to Siwash – Bill Holman
- Crescendo Date – Marty Paich
- Grey Flannel – Marty Paich
- Dance For Daddy – Marty Paich
- If I Had You – Ted Shapiro, Jimmy Campbell, Reginald Connelly (arr. Marty Paich)
- Love Me or Leave Me – Walter Donaldson (arr. Marty Paich)
- East of the Sun – Brooks Bowman (arr. Jack Montrose)
- Tishomingo Blues – Spencer Williams (arr. John Williams)
This recital is free and open to the public.
Parking is available in the McKinley Parking Garage (entrance on Ashland Avenue) located immediately south of Sursa Hall. Metered parking ($1/hr) is available on the first floor of the garage until 7 p.m. at which time parking is free.