February 9, 2020 2 p.m.End:
February 9, 2020 4 p.m.Location: Sursa Performance Hall
Now in its 16th season, the Arts Alive! Concert Series presents world-renowned and award-winning musical ensembles and artists. This season includes:
After performing on the inaugural Arts Alive! Concert Series in 1996, the Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra returns to Ball State for its first performance in Sursa Hall. Led by conductor Marc Albrecht, the program will include Ravel’s gentle Le Tombeau de Couperin; one of Britten’s most full-blooded and exciting song cycles, Les Illuminations (featuring the “impressive, fast rising soprano” Julia Bullock); and Berlioz’s epic Symphonie fantastique as it explores the passions and hopelessness of unrequited love.
Learn more about the Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra.
Learn more about all the FREE Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra residency activities at Ball State leading up to this concert.
This concert is presented by the Sherman & Marjorie Zeigler Foundation, in tribute to Sherman and Marjorie Zeigler.
All Arts Alive! ticketing is through the Emens Auditorium box office: 765-285-1539
- Arts Alive! Series Subscription for all three concerts: $85 ($20 savings)
- Single Tickets: $35
- Student w/ID* Series Subscription for all three concerts: $40 ($15 savings)
- Student Single Tickets: $35 (no student discounts are available for this concert)
*Student pricing is available to both Ball State and non-Ball State students who present a valid college/university, secondary school, or grade school ID.
**Ball State Faculty/Staff and MCS employee pricing available. Please contact the box office for more information.
- in person at the Emens Auditorium box office (no fee)
- via mail form or over the phone with box office ($4 handling fee)
- online via Ticketmaster for individual tickets (with fees)
Contact the Emens box office with any questions: 765-285-1539
Parking is available in the McKinley Parking Garage (entrance on Ashland Avenue) located immediately south of Sursa Hall. This garage is free on weekends.