December 4, 2019 7:30 p.m.End:
December 4, 2019 9 p.m.Location: Sursa Performance Hall
School of Music
Ralston C. “Morgy” Craig, was an outstanding solo saxophonist who worked on a variety of projects with the Ball State band program in the 1950s and 1960s. A scholarship is awarded in his honor at this annual concert.
The Jazz Ensembles are under the direction of Mark Buselli, Freddie Mendoza, and Josiah Williams.
Learn more about the Ball State University Jazz Ensembles.
- Filthy McNasty – Horace Silver, arr. LaBarbera
- The Very Thought of You – Ray Noble, arr. Stone
- St. Thomas – Sonny Rollins, arr. Taylor
- Straight No Chaser – Thelonius Monk, arr. LaBarbera
- You’ve Changed – Bill Carey/Carl Fischer, arr. Taylor
- Den of Inequity – Bret Spainhour
- The Eternal Triangle – Edward “Sonny” Stitt, arr. Rupert
- Two Sides of the Same Coin – Alex Kastner
- Lazybird – John Coltrane, arr. Stapleton
- Conspiracy Theory – Mike Tomaro
- If You Never Come to Me – Antonio Carlos Jobim, arr. Buselli
- Passacaglia And Fugue – J. S. Bach, arr. Levy
General Admission is $5. One free student ticket with ID in advance at Emens box office, or $5 at the door.
Tickets on sale August 19 through the Emens Auditorium box office. For ticket information, contact: Emens Auditorium at 765-285-1539 or 1-877-99-EMENS; Ticketmaster at 1-800-745-3000.
Parking is available in the McKinley Parking Garage (entrance on Ashland Avenue) located immediately south of Sursa Hall. This garage is free after 7 p.m. and on weekends. If arriving prior to 7 p.m., metered parking ($1/hr) is available on the first floor of the garage.
This concert will also be offered as a live webcast - visit the Concert Webcast Page for more information. Streaming begins approximately 15 minutes prior to scheduled concert start time.