February 12, 2019 7:30 p.m.End:
February 12, 2019 9:30 p.m.Location: Sursa Performance Hall
This critically-acclaimed quintet makes its third appearance in the Arts Alive! Concert Series on its final United States tour. Since its founding in 1988, the Berlin Philharmonic Wind Quintet continues to astonish audiences worldwide with its range of expression, tonal spectrum, and conceptual unity that has redefined the classic wind quintet sound. Called “Superb….Dazzling…Astonishing…” by the Indianapolis Star, the ensemble will present an exciting program of music by Taffanel, Ligeti, Tomasi, and Nielsen.
Michael Hasel, flute
Andreas Wittmann, oboe
Walter Seyfarth, clarinet
Fergus McWilliam, horn
Marion Reinhard, bassoon
Learn more about the Berlin Philharmonic Wind Quintet.
The Berlin Philharmonic Wind Quintet appears at Ball State University represented by David Rowe Artists.
All Arts Alive! ticketing is through the Emens Auditorium Box Office: 765-285-1539
On Sale Dates
Series subscriptions and individual tickets are on sale now!
- Arts Alive! Series Subscription for all three concerts: $85 ($20 savings)
- Individual Tickets: $35
- Student w/ID* Series Subscription for all three concerts: $40 ($15 savings)
- Student w/ID* Individual Tickets: $10 ($35 for Jazz at Lincoln Center Orchestra)
- Group (20+) Tickets: $15 each (not available for Jazz at Lincoln Center Orchestra)
*Student pricing is available to both Ball State and non-Ball State students who present a valid college/university, secondary school, or grade school ID.
**Ball State Faculty/Staff and MCS employee pricing available. Please contact the Box Office for more information.
- in person at the Emens Auditorium Box Office (no fee)
- via mail form or over the phone with Box Office ($4 handling fee)
- online via Ticketmaster for individual tickets (with fees)
Contact the Emens Box Office with any questions: 765-285-1539
Parking is available in the McKinley Parking Garage (entrance on Ashland Avenue) located immediately south of Sursa Hall. This garage is free after 7 p.m. and on weekends, however a minimal fee may be charged for event parking. If arriving prior to 7 p.m., metered parking is available on the first floor of the garage. There is no need to pay for time after 7 p.m.