November 2, 2017 7:30 p.m.End:
November 2, 2017 9:30 p.m.Location: Sursa Performance Hall
Music Promotional Services
The Sherman Zeigler Memorial Concert
“Modern...dramatic...superb...wickedly attentive...with a hint of rock 'n roll energy...” are just a few ways critics describe the musical phenomenon that is the St. Lawrence String Quartet. The quartet is renowned for the intensity of its performances, its breadth of repertoire, and its commitment to concert experiences that are at once intellectually exciting and emotionally alive. Established in Toronto in 1989, the SLSQ quickly earned acclaim at top international chamber music competitions and was soon playing hundreds of concerts per year worldwide. They established an ongoing residency at Spoleto Festival USA, made prize-winning recordings for EMI of music by Schumann, Tchaikovsky, and Golijov, earning two GRAMMY® nominations and a host of other prizes before being appointed ensemble-in-residence at Stanford University in 1998.
Learn more about the St. Lawrence String Quartet.
- Haydn, Franz Josef: String Quartet in C Major, Op. 20, No. 2
- Sibelius, Jean: String Quartet in D minor, Op. 56, "Voces intimae"
- Tchaikovsky, Pyotr Ilyich: String Quartet No. 3 in E-flat minor, Op. 30
All Arts Alive! ticketing is through the Emens Auditorium Box Office: 765-285-1539.
Arts Alive! Concert Series Subscriptions, including renewals, go on sale Monday, June 26.
Single Concert Tickets for all Arts Alive! concerts go on sale Tuesday, August 1.
- Arts Alive! Series Subscription (all 3 concerts) - $80
- Single Concert Ticket - $35
- Student w/ID* Subscription (all 3 concerts): $25
- Student w/ID* Single Concert Ticket: $10
- Groups (20+) Single Concert Tickets: $15 each
*Student pricing is available to both Ball State and non-Ball State students who present a valid college/university, secondary school, or grade school ID.
**Ball State Faculty/Staff pricing available. Please contact the Box Office for more information.
The St. Lawrence String Quartet appears at Ball State University represented by David Rowe Artists.