June 10, 2023 3:30 p.m.End:
June 10, 2023 4:30 p.m.
"One World, One Sky" is a brilliant program that follows Sesame Street's Big Bird and Elmo as they explore the night sky with Hu Hu Zhu, a new friend from China. Together, they take an imaginary trip from Sesame Street to the Moon, where they discover how different it is from Earth. They will also find shapes in the sky that will help them find the North Star. This cross-cultural adventure opens children's eyes to the sky, helping them see how people all over the world are connected.
- Cost: FREE, cash donations are accepted at the door. No reservations are required for public planetarium shows. However, plan to arrive early as seating is done on a first-come, first-served basis and seating is limited.
- Runtime: Approximately 50 minutes total with live sky tour.
- Intended Audience: Best suited for families and groups with pre-K through 1st grade learners, all ages are welcome.
- We do our best to have doors open 30 minutes before show time.
- NOTE: Due to construction being done on the Cooper Science Complex, select parking and pathway access to the planetarium is blocked off. Plan to arrive early to safely navigate the area and arrive on time for the program. Visit our location and transportation webpage for up-to-date information.
- The planetarium is located on the west end of the Cooper Science Complex, at 2111 W. Riverside Ave., Muncie.
- Food, drinks, gum or candy are not allowed in the planetarium.
- Cellphones and any electronics that emit light must be silenced or turned off at the start of all programs. Please refrain from wearing light-up shoes to any planetarium programs.
- Children 17 years and under should be accompanied by an adult.
- We greatly appreciate your support to make our programs possible, and cash donations are accepted at the door.
For directions and parking information, as well as general policies, please visit the Charles W. Brown Planetarium website.
Interested in scheduling a private educational visit to the planetarium? Request a planetarium visit for your Ball State class or group online.