June 10, 2022 3:30 p.m.End:
June 10, 2022 4:30 p.m.
Through this mix of engaging, live presentation and short planetarium videos, learn about the Moon and its features like the Maria, craters, and the Moon’s lack of atmosphere. Learn about the Moon’s apparent motion throughout the day, including rise and set locations, and how this compares to its motion throughout the month. Observe how the Moon’s appearance changes over time as well, by exploring the Moon’s phases.
Showtimes subject to change due to nearby construction.
- Runtime: Approximately 50 minutes total with live sky tour.
- Intended Audience: This program is most suitable for advanced Kindergarteners up to children in the 2nd grade, all ages are welcome! Children 17 and under must be accompanied by an adult.
- Due to construction being done on the Cooper Science Complex, select parking and pathway access to the planetarium is blocked off. Plan to arrive early to safely navigate the area and arrive on time for the program. Visit our location and transportation webpage for up-to-date information.
- Masks are not currently required inside the Brown Planetarium and other Ball State buildings. For the safety of our guests and employees, please do not enter the planetarium if you have or recently had COVID-19 symptoms (fever, cough, shortness of breath).
- No reservations are required for public planetarium shows. However, plan to arrive early as seating is done on a first-come, first-served basis and seating is limited.
- Planetarium shows are free of charge. We appreciate your support to make this possible.
- We do our best to have doors open 30 minutes before show time.
- Food, drinks, gum or candy are not allowed in the planetarium.
- Cellphones and any electronics that emit light must be silenced or turned off at the start of all programs. Please refrain from wearing light-up shoes to any planetarium programs.
- Children 17 years and under should be accompanied by an adult.
- The planetarium is located on the west end of the Cooper Science Complex, at 2111 W. Riverside Ave., Muncie.