September 9, 2023 10 a.m.End:
September 9, 2023 3 p.m.Location: Dr. Joe and Alice Rinard Orchid Greenhouse
What's the buzz? Could it be bees, bats, butterflies, or even birds? Find out at the Pollinator Party at the BSU Nature Lab, Rinard Orchid Greenhouse, and Christy Woods from 10-3pm! Families and visitors can learn all about pollination from experts in our community and see examples firsthand. Check out our community partners and activities below.
All Day Activities
- Honeybee Observation and Craft with Environmental Education Center staff
- Crafting Pollinators with BSU Art Education Students
- Uncommon Pollinators with the BSU Natural Resources Club
- Tropical Butterflies Scavenger Hunt with the Friends of the Rinard Orchid Greenhouse
- Bee a Pollinator with Conservation Tales
- Monarch Butterfly Craft with the Red-tail Land Conservancy
- Bumblebee Nest Research with the Conservation Dogs Collective
- Native Pollinator Station with the Xerces Society
- Batty Behavior with the BSU Carter Lab: 12:00pm - 3:00pm
- Songbird Banding with the BSU Islam Lab: 10:00am - 12:00pm*
* Bird banding will start around 7:30am and be accessible through the Christy Woods gates. The Environmental Education Center and Rinard Orchid Greenhouse building will open at 10am.