All Day EventStart:
August 23, 2021End:
August 27, 2021
Miller College of Business Office of Undergraduate Programs
2021 Miller College WOW—Week of Welcome
These events are designed for Miller College freshmen and transfer students, but all Ball State students are welcome to attend, unless otherwise noted. Join us and get to know the Miller College family!
Monday, August 23rd
- Open for Business—Miller Fall Kickoff: 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. EST, Whitinger Business Building (WB)
Celebrate the beginning of the semester in your academic department, the Dean’s Office, and the Undergraduate Programs office. Enjoy a treat from a local Muncie favorite, connect with faculty, and get some Miller swag!
Tuesday, August 24th
- Waffles and Wellness: Waffle Bar 8:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.; Wellness Wall Exhibit 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Whitinger Business Building (WB) Student Lounge
Take some time to enjoy a morning waffle bar in the WB student lounge! Free self-care packets, resources, and adult coloring book pages will also be provided for students to learn more about how they can practice proper wellness habits.
Focus on stress management, self-care, and wellness, participate in our Wellness Wall exhibit in the student lounge by anonymously posting motivational advice, your 2021-22 goals, or anything else you would like to manifest.
Sponsored by: Miller College of Business and the Heath Promotion and Advocacy Office.
Wednesday, August 25th
- Miller FIRST: 3:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m., Whitinger Business Building (WB) 144
Miller FIRST welcomes new first-generation and underrepresented students to Miller College of Business. This session will 1) connect you to faculty with similar backgrounds and identities; and, 2) actively engage you with insights and pro tips promoting your transition to Ball State, Miller College, and academic success.
Thursday, August 26th
- Online Learning Tools: 10:00 a.m. to 10:45 a.m., Join via the Zoom link: https://bsu.zoom.us/j/99488080694?pwd=Y2Z0SmwvRXZTQVJ3T0ZMc3ROa0MwQT09
This interactive session will introduce you to Microsoft Office and Teams, OneDrive, WebEx/Zoom, Canvas, and best practices for academic success in online learning.
Sponsored by: Miller College Office of Undergraduate Programs.
- Stay Cool & On Track with Campus Tools: 12:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m., Whitinger Business Building (WB) Student Lounge
Stop by for a cool treat and learn about the academic, financial, and social support services available to help you achieve success in and out of the classroom. We can review where to find your degree requirements and share information about a variety of resources to help you stay on track to graduate!
Sponsored By: Miller College Office of Undergraduate Programs.
Friday, August 27th
- Miller Student Org Fair: 1:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m., Lawn between Noyer Housing Complex and Whitinger Business Building
Learn more about the 20+ student organizations affiliated with the Miller College of Business. Representatives from each student organization will provide an interactive tabling experience designed to help students get connected while having fun playing a variety of games on the lawn. Collect stamps to receive a prize; the first 200 students will receive a free nylon hammock.
Sponsored by: Miller College Office of Undergraduate Programs and Student Organizations.