The Transfer Flight Path is an opportunity for you to begin your journey at Ivy Tech Community College or Vincennes University towards a bachelor degree. You have several options available, all of which include access to advisors at Ball State and Ivy Tech or Vincennes, as we support your progress toward your academic goals.
Complete an Associate's Degree
- Complete an associate’s degree (check out TSAP or Transfer as a Junior degree program).
- If you are a Phi Theta Kappa member, have a 3.5 GPA, are enrolled in on-campus classes as a full-time degree seeking, and are a first time student at Ball State for the first fall or spring semester following completion of the associate’s degree, you are eligible for the Phi Theta Kappa Scholarship ($4,500 per year for 2 years).
Complete the Indiana State Transfer General Education Core (STGEC)
- Complete the 30 credit hour Indiana STGEC with a 2.0 or greater GPA. Learn more about the STGEC.
- Students who choose this path have the opportunity to do a reverse transfer for an associate degree after completing at least 30 additional credit hours at Ball State University.
- By completing this flight path with a 3.5 GPA or higher and enrolling in on-campus classes as a full-time, degree-seeking, first time student to Ball State, you become eligible for the Ball State Transfer Scholarship ($1,000 for 3 years). This excludes Phi Theta Kappa Scholarship recipients.
Complete Two Semesters
- Complete 24 credit hours with a C or better and at least a 2.0 GPA.
- Students who choose this path have the opportunity to do a reverse transfer for an associate degree by completing at least 36 additional credit hours at Ball State University.
COMPLETE THE TRANSFER FLIGHT PATHS FORM
Transfer Single Articulation Pathway (TSAP)
Completion of one of the Transfer Single Articulation Pathway (TSAP) degrees at an Ivy Tech Community College or Vincennes University makes you eligible to pursue the corresponding undergraduate program once enrolled at Ball State University. In order to participate in this program at Ball State, be sure to indicate on your application that you intend to apply as a TSAP student. Learn more about your specific TSAP program at Ball State and just how your credits will transfer by viewing your desired degree program requirements below.
Admission to Ball State University with the completion of a TSAP does not guarantee admission into a particular program.