Ball State University seeks an exceptional, transformational
academic leader and administrator to serve as the University’s
next Provost and Executive Vice President for Academic Affairs.
Reporting directly to President Geoffrey S. Mearns, the next
Provost will have the opportunity to advance a unified vision
for the University’s future and join a high-performing executive
leadership team as Ball State continues to implement its
Destination 2040 strategic plan.
- Charlene Alexander, Chief Strategy Officer and Chair
- Stephanie Arrington, Executive Director of Presidential Events and Operations
- Kesha Coker, Assistant Professor of Marketing
- Jean Crosby, President of Ball State Foundation/Alumni Association and Vice President for University
- Alan Finn, Vice President for Business Affairs and Treasurer
- Ben Gibbs, Chair of the Department of Criminal Justice and Criminology
- Bill Jenkins, Chair of the Department of Theatre and Dance and Professor of Theatre
- Ali Khan, Undergraduate Student
- Jill Lacy, Ball State University Foundation Board of Directors
- Paula Luff, Vice President for Enrollment Planning and Management
- Michael Martinez, Graduate Student
- Jim McAtee, Assistant Vice President and Executive Director for Career and Professional Development
- Kristen McCauliff, Associate Provost for Faculty Affairs and Professional Development
- Miguel San Miguel, Associate Professor of Practice of Architecture
- Scott Rutledge, Dean of the College of Health
- Emily Rutter, Associate Dean of the Honors College
- Serena Shim, Professor of Educational Psychology
- Laura Suman, Head of Access Services
- Jim Williams, Ball State University Foundation Board of Directors
- Weiwu Zhang, Associate Dean and Professor of the College of Communication, Information, and Media
On-campus interviews will be held in the Fall with the expectation that the new Provost will begin during the Spring semester.
How to Apply
All applications, nominations, and inquiries are invited.
Applications should include a CV and letter of interest
addressing the themes in the leadership profile (PDF).
WittKieffer is assisting Ball State University in this search.
For fullest consideration, candidate materials should be
received by August 15, 2023.
Application materials should be submitted using
WittKieffer’s candidate portal.
Nominations and inquiries can be directed to:
Zachary A. Smith, PhD, Philip Tang, and Natalie Song