"Any citizen of the State of Indiana (eighteen years of age or older) may borrow material from the University Library subject to the Library's circulation policies."*

Indiana residents who present a Resident/Affiliate card may check out general circulation books and government publications at the Main Circulation Counter on the first floor of Bracken Library and general circulation books in the Architecture Library and Science-Health Science Library.

To obtain a Resident/Affiliate Library Card, you must purchase a single token card ($1.00) from the vending machine near the Main Circulation and Reserves Desk in Bracken Library. After you’ve made the purchase, simply present the token card with valid identification which includes a photo and date of birth, such as an Indiana’s driver’s license, to a Circulation staff member. After you complete a short application, you will be issued a Resident/Affiliate Card, which may be used only by the cardholder in connection with photo identification.

Materials located in Educational Resources Collections, Archives and Special Collections, the Architecture Library's Visual Resources Collection, and items on reserve may not be checked out using a Resident/Affiliate Library Card.  Some materials may be available for in room use; please ask for more information at any service point.  Interlibrary Loan privileges are not extended to Resident/Affiliate Library Card holders.  For more detailed information about borrowing privileges for Resident/Affiliate Library Card holders, please refer to the University Libraries' Borrowing Privileges.

Resident/Affiliate Library Card holders using the University Libraries may request a CardCat PIN or e-mail notification of upcoming due dates by contacting Main Circulation.

Overdue, lost, or damaged materials are subject to the Fine and Cost Policy (PDF).  Copies of this policy are available at all circulation counters and the Library Information rack in the main lobby of Bracken Library.

For information about using the public computers at the University Libraries, please refer to the Computer Access Card page.

For more information, please contact Main Circulation, or ask at any service point.

* By action of the University Senate, February 15, 1978; Board of Trustees, March 28, 1979.