Policies and Procedures for Learning Center Test Administration
Students with disabilities can use alternative testing arrangements. The first stop is the Office of Disability Services: they can assist with testing accommodations when requested. Faculty members may wish to handle their own accommodated testing. Test administration may be modified or adapted for students with disabilities when appropriate. Such accommodations may include extended time, alternate location, a scribe for test questions, use of a word processor, large print, or oral administration of test questions. Recommendations for accommodations are made by the Disability Services Director and listed in a letter of accommodation.
Below are the instructions to follow when taking exams at the Learning Center.
- Before scheduling an exam at the Learning Center, contact Disability Services to confirm eligibility and discuss appropriate accommodations.
- Students, not faculty, should schedule exams.
- Students should schedule the exam at least 2 business days ahead of the exam date (the Testing Desk is not open on the weekends) by calling 285-3779 or visiting NQ 350. The Learning Center may not be able to accommodate exams scheduled with less than 48 business hours’ notice!
- Students should take the exam when the rest of the class is scheduled to take it. Faculty must approve any exceptions. It is your responsibility to secure your instructor's approval for exceptions or rescheduling of an exam time.
- Unauthorized aids, notes, phones, etc., will be reported to the instructor, and cheating of any kind will result in termination of the exam.
- All other university guidelines for test taking apply to the Learning Center’s exam administration.
- Test proctors may not explain or express opinions regarding the test. Clarification for specific purposes (directions, procedures, etc.) may be given.
*Students must wear masks or face shields and practice safe social distancing at all times in the Learning Center.
Fall 2020 Testing Desk Hours of Operation and Contact Information
Monday-Friday: 8am-5pm (testing begins at 9am)
Learning Center (NQ), Room 350
Phone: (765) 285-3779
Jim Mills, Assistant Director of the Learning Center
Fall 2020: Testing accommodations will not be available through the Learning Center after Tuesday, November 24.