To be admitted to our master of arts (MA) in science education, master of arts in education (MAE) in physics, or master of arts (MA) or science (MS) in physics programs, you’ll need to satisfy the requirements of the Graduate School.

Materials to be submitted to the Graduate School include:

  1. an official transcript of all college-level work
  2. if your undergraduate GPA is below 3.0, official scores on the Physics Graduate Record Exam (GRE) are also required

If you want to be considered for an assistantship, you will need to have three letters of recommendation sent to Department Chair, Department of Physics and Astronomy, Ball State University, Muncie, IN 47306. [No specific form letters are required.]

Apply now to the Graduate School.

If you are an international student, please apply through the Rinker Center for International Programs. If your native language is not English, a score on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) of 550 is required.