Ready to Apply?
To be admitted into the program you must meet the admission requirements of the Graduate School.
Applicants are not required to take the GRE.
Have graduated from a National League for Nursing
Accrediting Commission (NLNAC) now referred to as the Accreditation
Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) or Commission on Collegiate
Nursing Education (CCNE) accredited bachelor's program in nursing.
- Have a minimum 3.0 undergraduate GPA on a 4.0 scale.
- Have earned a grade C or better in at least 2 quarter or semester credits in an undergraduate research course.
- Have an unencumbered license as a registered nurse in state of practice.
- Admitted students will need to meet all required health clearance, criminal background checks, and other requirements for clinical practice. Required forms must be submitted to Certifiedprofile.com before starting classes in the master's program. Non-submission of all required documentation will result in admission offer being rescinded.
- Students who have been admitted before completion of the bachelor's degree must submit the final transcript and RN license before the first day of class the semester admitted. Students who do not have a valid RN license or transcript will have the admission offer rescinded.
Please see the School of Nursing for more information.
Admission to Ball State is selective, and we carefully evaluate all application on an individual basis. Applying for admission is easy. Use our convenient, comprehensive, and secure online application.