Your experience in marketing led to teaching the subject in your school. Now, with an online marketing education certification, you can gain the expertise to give your students a more in-depth understanding of the role marketing plays in our world.
Plus, in some states, teachers with business teaching licenses can add marketing as a licensure area.
Allen Truell, Ph.D.
Professor of Information Systems
Miller College of Business
Jane Thomas, licensing advisor
Educational License Office
To complete this certification, you must hold a valid business teaching license (to add marketing as a licensure area), complete the required course work, and provide verification of required occupational experience. You may apply BED 592, BED 593, and BED 622 toward a master of arts in business education degree.
- BED 592 Managing Work-Based Learning Programs (3 credits)
- BED 593 Philosophy, Organization, and Administration of CTE (3 credits)
- BED 622 Instructional Materials and Strategies for Improvement of Instruction (3 credits)
- Content courses in marketing (12 credits)
- Complete and pass the Pearson CTE: Marketing test.
Verification of Experience
You must have 4,000 clock hours of approved occupational experience in marketing. Verification should be in the form of letters from a former employer or employers that specify the types of work performed, time period covered, and hours of occupational experience (in clock hours).
More about Online Learning
Ready to Apply?
Your first step in taking program courses is to apply and meet the admission requirements of the Ball State Graduate School.
- Once you submit all of your application materials and if you are accepted into your program, you will be sent information about how to register for courses.
- You will also be sent information about paying for your courses.
Admission to Ball State is selective, and we carefully evaluate all application on an individual basis. Applying for admission is easy. Use our convenient, comprehensive, and secure online application.
Students from Other States
Ball State is authorized to accept online students from all U.S. states. However, certain states have regulations regarding licensing programs in nursing and education. Learn more about state authorizations for non-Indiana students.