Your experience in the business world made you the perfect choice to teach your school's business classes. Now you can earn an online certification to go along with your experience. The career/technical business certification gives business teachers the expertise to help their students understand today’s business world.
Allen Truell, Ph.D.
Professor of Information Systems
Miller College of Business
To complete this certification, you must hold a valid Indiana business teaching license, complete the required course work, and provide verification of required occupational experience. You may apply BED 592 and BED 593 toward a master of arts in business education degree.
- BED 592 Managing Work-Based Learning Programs (3 credits)
- BED 593 Philosophy, Organization, and Administration of CTE (3 credits)
- Complete and pass the Pearson CTE: Business & Informational Technology Test
View Course Catalog
Verification of Experience
You must have 4,000 clock hours of approved occupational experience in business. Verification should be in the form of letters from a former employer or employers that specify the types of work performed, time period covered, and hours of occupational experience (in clock hours).
More about Online Learning
Ready to Apply?
Your first step in taking program courses is to apply and meet the admission requirements of the Ball State Graduate School.
- Once you submit all of your application materials, and if you are accepted into the program, you will be sent information about how to register for courses.
- You will also be sent information about paying for your courses.
Admission to Ball State is selective, and we carefully evaluate all application on an individual basis. Applying for admission is easy. Use our convenient, comprehensive, and secure online application.
Ball State is authorized to accept online students from all U.S. states. However, certain states have regulations regarding licensing programs in nursing and education. Learn more about state authorizations for non-Indiana students.