Earning a graduate certificate in middle level education could be your chance to expand your expertise and make yourself more marketable.
This completely online graduate certificate:
- prepares you to address the specific and unique needs of middle school students
- gives you increased job flexibility
- helps you build a strong support network of middle school contacts throughout Indiana and beyond
- allows you to earn graduate credit from a nationally recognized teacher education program
This certificate addresses issues pertaining to the effective education of middle school students including developmental characteristics of adolescents, planning and implementing effective instruction for middle level learners, and facilitating learning environments conducive to academic success in middle schools. This 15-credit program is designed for teachers interested in enhancing their abilities to address the specific and unique needs of middle level learners.
Jill Bradley-Levine, Assistant Professor of Educational Studies
Department of Educational Studies
This is a 15-credit program. The following courses are required:
- EDRD 620 Content Area Reading (3 credits)
- EDJH 512 Instructional Strategies and Approaches in Junior High and Middle Schools (3 credits)
- EDJH 534 Classroom Management: Practical Approaches to Improving Student Behavior (3 credits)
- EDCU 630 The Junior High and Middle School Curriculum (3 credits)
- EDPS 628 Adolescent Development (3 credits)
More about Online Learning
Ready to Apply?
You will first want to check if you meet the admission requirements for the Ball State Graduate School. Then you may apply.
No GRE is required.
Admission to Ball State is selective, and we carefully evaluate all application on an individual basis. Applying for admission is easy. Use our convenient, comprehensive, and secure online application.
Students from Other States
Ball State is authorized to accept online students from all U.S. states. However, certain states have regulations regarding licensing programs in nursing and education. Learn more about state authorizations for non-Indiana students.
Want to Learn More?
Do you have questions about this program or online learning? We’re here to help! You may request more information using our online form, or feel free to reach out directly to one of our staff.
REQUEST INFO CONTACT US