Are you interested in our Post-Master’s Certificate in Nursing program? Then it’s time to apply!
Please review our admission requirements, dates and deadlines, and instructions. Then complete our online application.
Our program is:
- currently only available to Indiana and Ohio residents and all clinicals must be completed in the state of Indiana or Ohio
- not eligible for federal aid
- highly competitive and has limited space. Preference will be given to applicants who graduated from Ball State’s nursing masters program. However, graduation from Ball State does not guarantee admission.
Application and materials are due on the specified dates by 11:59 p.m. Eastern time.
Submit your application and all required supplemental materials (including all transcripts) by the following priority deadlines, depending on which semester you plan to start. Applicants submitting items after the priority deadline should not expect to be considered for admission.
- Fall – February 1
- Spring – August 1
1. Review admissions requirements
To be considered for admission, applicants must:
- reside in and complete all clinical hours in the state of Indiana or Ohio
- be a graduate of a NLNAC/ACEN or CCNE accredited master’s program in nursing
- have a minimum overall 3.0 graduate GPA on a 4.0 scale
- Competitive applicants will hold a 3.0 GPA or higher in all of their nursing programs.
- Graduates of programs that only offer pass/fail grades may not be competitive applicants.
- have an active, unencumbered Indiana or Ohio RN license
- Submit all required documents by the application deadline, including an application, transcripts, and all supplemental materials required by the School of Nursing. Please refer to the Information Packet below for a list of the supplemental materials required by the School of Nursing.
If admitted, your admission into the program is provisional and contingent upon the successful completion of the following items by the deadline(s) set by the School of Nursing:
- Admitted students must successfully complete all required health clearance requirements, including a background check, drug screen, and other requirements for clinical practice.
- Admitted students are required to attend a one-day, on-campus orientation. Please refer to the Information Packet for the orientation date that corresponds with your desired term of admission.
- The GRE is not required for application.
- Admission into the program is competitive.
- The School of Nursing does not admit students on a probationary status.
- In order to start classes, admitted students who need to submit final, official transcripts, showing a degree or recently completed course(s), will need to submit their transcript(s) prior to the Friday before their first semester in the program begins.
2. Review School of Nursing Information Packet
Prior to starting the application process, all prospective students need to review the School of Nursing Information Packet for the semester/year they intend to apply to the program. The packet contains information related to the cost of the program, clinicals, time commitments, the on-campus requirement, and the list of supplemental application materials required by the School of Nursing.
Download PMC Information Packet
3. Prepare your transcripts
Ball State must receive transcripts for all applicants. Please review our instructions before you apply. (You do not need to submit Ball State transcripts in order to apply.)
As you begin the application process please be aware:
- Applications are only good for one semester.
- Submitting an application does not guarantee admission into the program.
- Meeting or exceeding the minimum admission requirements does not guarantee admission into the program.
- The Post-Master’s Certificate Program is only offered online. We do not offer an on-campus option.
- Campus visits may be required when enrolled in certain NP clinical courses.
Once you have reviewed the admission requirements and read the Information Packet, please complete the online application.
Applications are $60 per program.
You can pay your application fee (nonrefundable) with Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover. Or you may pay online with an electronic check from a U.S. bank.
You do not have to pay the application fee if you are a:
- McNair Scholar
- Ball State student currently enrolled in classes or alumni
- current Ball State employee (full-time, benefits-eligible)
- veteran or active-duty military
- guest student seeking credits to transfer to another institution
- prospective student who attended a Ball State graduate program information session
If you are in one of these categories, make sure to select the fee waiver option in the application. When selecting "I attended an informational session" option in the fee waiver section of the application, list the information session title and date.
After You Apply
Log in to your application status portal below to submit additional materials, check your application status, and confirm your enrollment.
Check Application Status
If you need additional assistance with the application process, email our graduate admissions staff. Or if you have additional questions about the program, contact the graduate advisor for the School of Nursing.
Contact Admissions Contact Graduate Advisor