The School of Nursing accepts applications for the Post-Master’s Certificates only for the Fall (August) semester. The application opens when the Graduate School application portal opens, which is usually in late June.
Fall Semester Deadline:
The post-master’s certificate program offered by the School of Nursing is:
- currently only available to Indiana residents and all clinicals must be completed in the state of Indiana
- not eligible for federal aid
The post-master’s certificate for the Family Nurse Practitioner option has limited space and is highly competitive.
Preference will be given to applicants who graduated from Ball State's nursing master’s program. However, graduation from Ball State does not guarantee admission.
You must first meet the admission requirements of the Ball State Graduate School.
You must also:
- Have graduated from a nursing master’s program in nursing accredited by the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC), now referred to as the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN), or by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
- Have a minimum 3.0 graduate GPA on a 4.0 scale.
- Have an unencumbered license as a registered nurse in the state of Indiana.
- Attend a one day, on-campus orientation if admitted.
How to Apply
Prior to applying applicants need to read both of the following PDFs:
PMC Information Packet
PMC Application Packet