The School of Nursing accepts applications twice each year for start dates in the Spring (January) and Fall (August) semesters. Applications open when the Graduate School application portal opens, which is usually in late June.
Spring Semester Deadlines:
Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP): August 9
Educator & Administrator: September 9
Fall Semester Deadlines:
Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP): February 9
Educator & Administrator: March 9
Prior to applying, you need to read the information on our state authorizations website. Regulations regarding state authorizations for distance programs might impact whether you can enroll in our master's degree program. Information on this site is updated as situations within states change.
In addition, all of your clinicals must be completed in a state where the Ball State School of Nursing is authorized to offer its programs. A map of the states where the School of Nursing is currently authorized can be found at bsu.edu/stateauthorization.
Once in the program, if you move to a state where Ball State or the School of Nursing is not authorized, you will need to complete your clinicals in an authorized state in order to complete the program.
You must first meet the admission requirements of the Ball State Graduate School.
You must also:
- Have graduated from a bachelor’s program in nursing accredited by the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC), now referred to as the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN), or by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE). (Applicants applying to the RN to MS option. must hold an associate degree in nursing from an NLNAC/ACEN-accredited program, plus a bachelor's degree in a non-nursing field.)
- Have a minimum 3.0 undergraduate GPA on a 4.0 scale.
- Have earned a grade of C or better in at least 2 quarter or semester hours in an undergraduate research course.
- Have an unencumbered license as a registered nurse in state of practice.
- Attend a one day, on-campus orientation if admitted.
How to Apply
Prior to applying applicants need to read both of the Following PDFs:
Master's Nursing Information Packet
Master's Nursing Application Packet
All application materials are submitted though the Graduate School application portal. Applications are only good for one semester. Submitting an application does not guarantee admission into any program.