Ms. Humphrey has been a nursing instructor in the School of Nursing since 2007. She teaches in NUR 231 Fundamental Nursing Skills and NUR 330 Adult Health 1: Nursing Care Across the Adult Lifespan undergraduate courses.
Ms. Humphrey has a wide range of nursing experiences throughout her nursing career. Experiences include Medical/Surgical, Cardiac, School Nurse, Neonatal, and Hospital Clinical Educator. She instructs CPR classes for the School of Nursing.
- M.S., 2006, Nursing, Ball State University
- B.S.N., 1989, Ball State University
- A.D.,1978 Anderson University, Nursing
Credentials: MS, RN
Research and Clinical Interests
Fundamental Nursing Skills
Nursing Care Across the Adult Lifespan
Humphrey, K. Technical Editor. Snyder, R., Schoenborn, B., (2011). Medical Dosage Calculations For Dummies. Hoboken, NJ: Wiley Publishing, Inc.
Creative Endeavors :
She partners with other NUR 231 Instructors to develop and update the NUR 231 Course. Ms. Humphrey assisted with development of CPR simulation module for student nurses.
She recently served as a consultant for Wiley Publishing Company. Ms. Humphrey also provides CPR classes for the public.
- Sigma Theta Tau International, Beta Rho Chapter
- American Heart Association (BLS Instructor)
- National League for Nursing
Courses (previous 2 years):
- NUR 231 Fundamental Nursing Skills
- NUR 330 Adult Health 1: Nursing Care Across Adult Lifespan