You’ll have the opportunity to travel abroad with your fellow Miller Scholars as you study international business and globalization. From week-long field studies taught by Miller College faculty to semester-long programs through the Rinker Center for International Programs, our industry-focused trips to strengthen your global business acumen and broaden your networks.
The Application Process
You are in the driver’s seat of your study abroad experience to ensure the opportunity meets your personal interests and professional aspirations.
- First, explore and discuss study abroad options with your academic advisor or who? Where can they find a list of options that semester? How soon should they start looking?
- Obtain an official description of the desired program, including the theme (business, language, culture, etc.); location, dates, and duration; deposit amount and due date; total cost amount and due date; tuition cost (if applicable); and approved courses.
- Fill out and submit the Miller College Study Abroad Form with a copy of the above program description, application, and reason for selection of program/goals of experience to Gayle Hartleroad, director of Student Services. Completed study abroad form and all required documentation must be submitted no less than two weeks prior to the deposit/application deadline.
- Student Services will determine whether you are eligible to earn academic credit for the program, consulting the Honors College when needed.
- Once the program is deemed eligible, Student Services will submit the study abroad form and associated documentation to the MCOB Business Officer, who will process fund transfer/payment. A maximum of $4,000 is available for study abroad. If you decide to take a full load of courses for an entire semester, the equivalent of on-campus tuition and fees may also be available.
- Upon your return from the study abroad, you will submit a summary and photos about the experience. This information will be used in promotion of the Miller Scholar program and to assess the suitability of the specific experience for future students.
Financing your Study Abroad
As a Miller College student, you have access to several undergraduate scholarships and one undergraduate fellowship (includes full-time tuition). We believe in study abroad as an itegreal part of your education, and as such, we offer financial assistance to those wanting to explore our business throughout the world. Apply for study abroad scholarships.
Students Reflect on Global Study
Miller Honors students gain valuable experience and understanding of globalization and international business through industry-focused trips that challenge you to apply fundamentals to hands-on learning in a country of your choice. Recent trips include:
- Chile and Argentina
For additional study abroad options, go to the Rinker Center for International Programs.