Whether you’re aiming to start a sales career from scratch, or you’re already a sales professional looking to fine-tune your skills, Ball State’s graduate-level certificate in professional sales management will help you excel in the industry. One of only a handful of professional sales certificates in the nation (and the only one in Indiana), our program will show you how to execute the sales process and establish and manage long-lasting customer relationships. Plus, you’ll emerge with a head start on earning a graduate degree—all courses for this certificate can apply toward an MBA.
Skills You Will Learn
- how to successfully build and manage buyer-seller relationships
- how to select, develop, compensate, and manage salespeople
- how to lead with your organization’s strategic objectives in mind
- how to integrate technology—including customer management software, social networking tools, and emerging media—to drive sales
Our certificate program includes coursework in marketing, management, professional selling, customer relationships, and sales. When you complete this program, you’ll have 12 hours of graduate credit recognized by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB).
- MKG 505: Survey of Marketing or MBA 671: Marketing Management
- MKG 625: Professional Selling
- MKG 630: Customer Relationship Management
- MKG 635: Sales Management
Course Delivery Options
We offer three options: On campus, online, or hybrid. Outcomes are the same for each, and you’ll learn from the same distinguished faculty.
Here at Ball State, you don’t have to sacrifice quality to pursue a graduate certificate online. As a virtual learner, you’ll access the same quality coursework, discussions, and distinguished faculty as on-campus students.
If you prefer in-person interactions with your professors or peers, then pursuing your graduate certificate on campus is the right choice for you. You’ll also have access to numerous on-campus opportunities.
Our hybrid approach offers the best of both worlds—the convenience of online learning with the benefits of face-to-face interaction with instructors. You can work with your advisor to determine which courses to take online or on campus.
Ready to Apply?
If you’re prepared to take the next step in your academic or career journey, then we want you at Ball State. Please review the criteria and steps necessary for admission. Apply now.