Department Chair of the Department of Landscape Architecture and Associate Professor of Landscape Architecture
- MLA Iowa State University, 1995
- BLA Iowa State University, 1992
- BA Wartburg College, 1984
- Responsive / Catalytic Design Regional Planning/GIS
- Therapeutic Gardens/Healthy Landscapes
- Games in Education
- Immersive/experiential Learning
Projects and Publications:
- The Vietnam Veterans Memorial: History, Design, and Legacy. Tabled/iPad/Phone App. Launched March, 2018. With C. Corbin
- The Vietnam Veterans Memorial App: Reflections on Making a Prototype. Refereed presentation. Council of Educators in Landscape Architecture. May, 2017. With C. Corbin.
- The Lutiisi Academy Primary School: Using community-centered design as a catalyst for change. International Public Health Journal Vol. 7 No. 1 2015. (1st author: P. Ellery, J. Ellery; 3rd author: J. Motloch, 4th author: M. Hunt).
- Rescue Missions: Colonizing California and the Spirit of Place. Referred Paper presentation (with R. Benson), American Society for Eighteenth Century Studies. March, 2015.
- Chapter 14: Community centered design as a catalyst for change in Public Health: Improving Health via Inter-Professional Collaborations. Nova Science: NY. July 2014. (1st author: P. Ellery, 2nd author: J. Ellery; 3rd author: J. Motloch, 4th author: M. Hunt).
- Best Practices in the Immersive Learning Context: A Case Study of the Vietnam Veterans Memorial. Refereed paper and presentation (with C. Corbin and K. Huth), International Conference of Education, Research and Innovation (ICERI). November, 2013.
- Clients in the Classroom: Assessing Student Learning and Community Impact in Collaborative Projects. Refereed paper and presentation (with C. Corbin and K. Huth), International Conference of Education, Research and Innovation (ICERI). November, 2013.
- Building Tomorrow: Using a Participatory Approach to Improve Educational Opportunities Poster presentation (P. Ellery & J. Ellery (primary authors); J. Motloch and M. Hunt (secondary authors)),
- Reinvigorating Our Process of Discovery: 2013 International Association for Research on Service Learning and Community Engagement (IARSLCE) Conference. November 2013
- “Educating for a Sustainable Future” Greening of the Campus. Muncie. 2009
- “Design Education in Transition” ECLAS. 2009
- Immersive courses in Landscape Design and Awareness
University Honors in Teaching. 2010
||1100 - 1150
||M W F
||AB, room 210