The Biosound® Consulting Room is used by our Sport and Exercise Psychology master’s students to conduct sessions with the goal of promoting relaxation, recovery, and emotional regulation.
What is Biosound® Technology?
Biosound® is a piece of equipment resembling an athletic training bed with a monitor to visually provide feedback to the user. The Biosound® technology integrates the following:
- Heart rate variability biofeedback – the time between heart beats, which serves as an indicator of an individual’s ability to manage stress.
- Music therapy – listen to relaxing or energizing music frequencies.
- Vibroacoustic massage – the bed vibrates to create a sound massage choreographed to music.
- Guided meditation – various topics, such as releasing anxiety, gratitude, and mindfulness.
- Guided imagery – visualizing and focusing on situations promoting positive emotions.
- Positive affirmations – sessions end with a motivational and affirming video to energize you.
Athletes, coaches, musicians, performing artists, and exercisers can benefit from the use of Biosound® technology. If you are interested, please contact Dr. Jean-Charles Lebeau.