Are you interested in our PhD in human bionergetics program
? Then it’s time to apply!
Please review our admission requirements, dates and deadlines, and instructions. Then complete our online application.
Dates and Deadlines
Application and materials are due on the specified dates by 11:59 p.m. Eastern time.
You may begin taking courses for our program at the start of the Fall semester.
Review of application materials and the selection process begins February 1 and continues until positions are filled.
Before You Begin...
If you are an international student – someone who has or plans to acquire a visa to study in the U.S. – our International Admissions staff will help you through the admissions process and your unique requirements.
If you are a current, admitted Ball State student but have not taken classes for more than a year or if you received a "Re-Admit" error when attempting to register for classes, you need to select the:
“Re-enroll (previous Ball State graduate students only)” option under “Academic Intent” in the application.
Do not choose the Re-enroll Applicant Type if you are any of the following:
- a first-time applicant to a Ball State graduate program
- applying for a new or different program or certificate than one in which you are already enrolled
- previously applied for a program but never attended any classes
1. Review admission requirements and prepare materials.
You must have earned a minimum of a 2.75 GPA from the undergraduate degree-granting institution.
Our program requires you to take the GRE. Ball State's Institution Code is 1051. GRE scores are only valid for five years from their date of administration.
Two semesters of organic chemistry (organic 1 and organic 2) with lab are required for acceptance into the program, as these are a prerequisite for the biochemistry course (CHEM 563) you will take your first semester.
You will need to upload the following materials to your online application:
- three letters of recommendation – provide letters of recommendation evaluating your potential to be one of our students, your ability to work independently or in a collaborative environment, and your academic and writing abilities.
2. Prepare your transcripts.
Ball State must receive transcripts for all applicants. Please review our instructions before you apply. (You do not need to submit Ball State transcripts in order to apply.)
Complete our online application.
Applications are $60 per program.
You can pay your application fee (nonrefundable) with Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover. Or you may pay online with an electronic check from a U.S. bank.
You do not have to pay the application fee if you are a:
- McNair Scholar
- Ball State student currently enrolled in classes or alumni
- current Ball State employee (full-time, benefits-eligible)
- veteran or active-duty military
- guest student seeking credits to transfer to another institution
- prospective student who attended a Ball State graduate program information session
If you are in one of these categories, make sure to select the fee waiver option in the application. When selecting "I attended an informational session" option in the fee waiver section of the application, list the information session title and date.
After You Apply
Log in to your application status portal below to submit additional materials, check your application status, and confirm your enrollment.
Check Application Status
If you need additional assistance, please feel free to email our graduate admissions staff, who are here to help you through this process.