Are you interested in our Master of Science in Biomechanics program? Then it’s time to apply!
Please review our admission requirements, dates and deadlines, and instructions. Then complete our online application.
Dates and Deadlines
Application and materials are due on the specified dates by 11:59 p.m. Eastern time.
You may begin our program at the start of the Fall Semester.
To be considered for admission, submit your application by February 1.
Before You Begin...
If you are an international student – someone who has or plans to acquire a visa to study in the U.S. – our International Admissions staff will help you through the admissions process and your unique requirements.
If you are a current, admitted Ball State student but have not taken classes for more than a year or if you received a "Re-Admit" error when attempting to register for classes, you need to select the:
“Re-enroll (previous Ball State graduate students only)” option under “Academic Intent” in the application.
Do not choose the Re-enroll Applicant Type if you are any of the following:
- a first-time applicant to a Ball State graduate program
- applying for a new or different program or certificate than one in which you are already enrolled
- previously applied for a program but never attended any classes
1. Review admission requirements and prepare materials.
You must have earned a minimum of a 2.75 GPA from the undergraduate degree-granting institution.
Our program requires you to take the GRE. Ball State's Institution Code is 1051. GRE scores are only valid for five years from their date of administration.
- curriculum vita — This summarizes all of your educational and work experiences. It should be complete but brief.
- three letters of recommendation — More than three letters can be sent, but they should come from individuals who can judge your potential as a graduate student.
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores — If you cannot take the exams prior to submission or have not received your scores, indicate such in your application and give a possible receipt date.
- statement of purpose — This should be a writing sample that highlights your reason(s) for pursuing this degree and any experience(s) that have helped prepare you for this program.
2. Prepare your transcripts.
Ball State must receive transcripts for all applicants. Please review our instructions before you apply. (You do not need to submit Ball State transcripts in order to apply.)
Complete our online application.
Applications are $60 per program.
You can pay your application fees (nonrefundable) with Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover. Or you may pay online with an electronic check from a U.S. bank.
You do not have to pay the application fee if you are a:
- McNair Scholar
- previous Ball State student (enrolled after high school)
- current Ball State employee (full-time, benefits-eligible)
- veteran or active-duty military
- guest student seeking credits to transfer to another institution
If you are in one of these categories, make sure to select the fee waiver option in the application.
After You Apply
Log in to your application status portal below to submit additional materials, check your application status, and confirm your enrollment.
Check Application Status
If you need additional assistance, please feel free to email our graduate admissions staff, who are here to help you through this process.