Understand the importance of employee wellness and the value of human capital with our minor in Workplace Wellness.
In the workplace, diverse groups collaborate to develop a vital and productive workplace culture. Workplaces are a key partner in efforts to improve the health and well-being of your nation.
This minor is an excellent addition to many degrees, including:
What You Will Learn
This minor provides a strong foundation in the fundamentals of workplace wellness, including:
- how to assess the impact of workplace culture, safety, occupational health policies, personal health-related decisions, and other related practices on worker well-being
- how to use a logic-model driven planning approach
- how to administer workplace wellness programs
The minor requires core workplace wellness courses and directed electives in subjects related to workplace wellness.
If you want to learn more about this minor, contact Jane Ellery.
- core courses: 13
- directed electives: 3
A few of the classes you will take include:
- Improving Worker Well-being: A Multidisciplinary Approach
- Introduction to Workplace Wellness Planning
- Workplace Wellness Administration
- Civic Engagement: Workplace Wellness Program
- Senior Seminar Workplace Wellness
For a complete list of all the courses you will take and their descriptions, please see our Course Catalog.